Friday, March 27, 2009

Vernal pools


This week we went to see vernal (spring time) pools. They only happen in spring so we went a few days after. The Vernal pools are like ponds that appear. Around the vernal pools are tons of beautiful flowers. My favorite flowers were the ones where it has the stem and little branches coming off and then round moon looking disks on it. I drew that flower in my botany book. There were also some intresting branches and logs and trunks that had fallen and it looked cool. Looking at the vernal pools was very neat!

2 comments:

Tan Family said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed the trip! Your drawing of the interesting flower is beautiful.

Grandma said...

Vernal pools are so interesting, remember the ones in Murrieta? Your photos are beautiful Joey! I always love going there and seeing the difference between spring and fall at the pools.