Friday, October 9, 2009

Candle Dipping



Yesterday, we made candles. We made them by dipping wick in hot beeswax. Ricky and I made one set, which has two candles, because you make one on both ends of the wick. My Mom made two sets, because one was for her and the other was for Wilson, but he didn't want to do it.


First, we started by taking turns dipping the wick into the container with the hot beeswax in it. We kept on dipping until the candles were about pencil size. Then, we rolled them on a piece of tinfoil to make it more straight and round. Then, we dipped some more and rolled some more until they got really big. Last, we cut the bottoms, dipped it, put them in cold water, and let them dry.


It took about 2 hours, but it was definitely worth it. We had lots of fun!

Here are some pictures of the terrarium that I also made this week:

3 comments:

Tan Family said...

Your candles are awesome! It will be fun to observe and take care of the terrarium.

Wilson's Blog said...

Your terrarium is beautiful!

Grandma said...

I used to love having a terrarium Joey, I think I will try to make one. I loved yours! The candles you made are awesome, they look professionally made, but still hand made too. What an interesting week you had.